Brian has been working in the field of information systems security since 1997 – when he was one of the architects and lead engineers on a project to implement one of New Zealand’s first enterprise class identity and access management systems. This system affected 9,000 users, 9,000 desktops, 200 servers, and used smart cards and digital certificates.
Since then Brian has been assisting organisations to get their information security posture right.
Examples of the type of work that Brian has been performing in this space includes:
- Guiding the development and acceptance of an information security policies based on NZISM.
- Implementation of corporate firewall systems
- Implementation of banking firewall infrastructure
- Implementation of digital certificate management systems
- Review and recommendations regarding complex IT system information security
- Guiding organisations through the Certification and Accreditation process for complex web applications